Monday, January 19, 2015

Creamy Cauliflower featuring Wildtree's Absolutely Onion Blend - 20 minutes

Yep, same photo as the shredded BBQ vension, but this one is focusing on that yummy pile of white and yellow stuff - cheesy, creamy cauliflower! I confess, I intended to make "mashed" cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes. This is not that recipe as I failed. :) Thankfully, I stumbled onto another good recipe. Next time I will cook the cauliflower much longer and use the food processor instead of my electric beater. Even in a big bowl, using the electric  beater made an absolute MESS all over my clean kitchen, go figure, right? I am blessed because my girls love cauliflower over every other vegetable. Time to find healthy and interesting recipes for cauliflower!

Ingredients:
1 lg. bag  frozen cauliflower
1 TBSP Wildtree Absolutely Onion blend
2 TBSP  cream cheese
1/4 c. sour cream
Optional: 1/2 c. shredded cheese

Cook cauliflower 6 minutes longer than recommended on the package. The softer the better. Finely chop cooked cauliflower in food processor. In a bowl, combine chopped cauliflower, Wildtree Absolutely Onion blend, cream cheese and sour cream. Stir until mixed. Return to sauce pan or microwave safe bowl and  reheat about 5 minutes until sauce is smooth and heated through. Optional: Top with shredded cheese

Serves 4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment